The Trust has an emphasis in the creative arts and currently employs an Artist in Residence who works across all schools. This role provides additional opportunities for children to participate in cross-curricular, joint creative projects alongside other schools and also creative workshops based off-site.
Sport is a key feature in many of The Trust’s activities and employ a specialist PE and Sport teacher who works across the schools.
The Dunham Trust recognises the importance of the development of pupil self-esteem and aim to support this by offering a broad range of out-of-classroom, memorable, experiences.
Our mission statement:
Together we will
Challenge the ordinary
Be advocates for change
Schools in The Dunham Trust
There are five schools in The Dunham Trust:
- Elmridge Primary School (founding school)
- Acre Hall Primary School
- Barton Clough Primary School
- Lime Tree Primary School
- The Orchards
We believe that we are able to help our schools and their young people to aspire to, and achieve, success. We are committed to ensuring that every child and young person has a pathway to succeed and that:
- gives the best possible start in life
- equips them with creativity, spirit and confidence
- enables individuals to appreciate life and equip for further learning
- supports the child in becoming a responsible citizen
- ensures continued success in his/her future and contributes to the local community
The Trust has a highly-experienced and supportive Board of Directors who have a wealth of expertise in industry and education. Their role is to ensure that The Dunham Trust will be the best it can be, for the schools and young people within its care.
The Directors ensure that The Trust is committed to:
– High quality school improvement activity
– Cross-trust networking opportunities
– Research and development
Find out more about The Dunham Trust