At Barton Clough, we recognise the importance in providing a high-quality science education that is exciting, engaging and inspires curiosity about the world we live in and the world of tomorrow. Science has changed the way we live and the way will continue to live in the future so we believe it is important that all pupils should be taught essential knowledge, methods, processes and uses of science within all areas. Our children are encouraged to ask questions and use scientific skills to discover answer. Children immerse themselves in rich scientific vocabulary and broad concepts, promoting deeper conceptual understanding. It is our hope that we inspire children to love science by working both practically and conceptually and this will then carry with them into further education and future career aspirations.
- scientific knowledge through the specific areas within science.
- conceptual understanding within science and apply some concepts to wider learning.
- understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science investigations.
- the ability to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- a curiosity about the world we live in to inspire the need to ask scientific questions.
- the understanding and use of scientific vocabulary.
- the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
To see our science progression please click here Science progression