At Barton Clough, we believe that Maths teaches us how to make sense of the world around us through developing a child’s ability to calculate, to reason and to solve problems. It enables children to understand and appreciate relationships and pattern in both number and space in their everyday lives. We have been on a journey to develop a Maths curriculum that has this at the heart whilst also allowing the children to make clear progress throughout the Key Stages. We also want our children to be challenged and engaged throughout their Maths lessons.
At Barton Clough we want our children to:
- Show enjoyment and be enthusiastic whilst being immersed in their learning of mathematics
- Have a positive attitude towards Maths lessons and solving problems
- Be confident and fluent in Mathematical knowledge, concept, vocabulary and skills
- Acquire a deep, long-term, secure and adaptable understanding of mathematics
- Become confident mathematicians, which allows them to apply their learning in everyday life, contribute to being a positive member of society and continue to be successful in secondary school
To see our Maths overview please click here Maths Overview