Miss C Higgins
Teacher / KS1 and KS2 Teaching and Learning Lead
Hello and welcome to Year 6!
Please follow us on our class Twitter page to get up to date news on what we are learning about in school. We post pictures, videos and even boomerangs! Please feel free to Tweet us back.
Here are a few important reminders to know about our class:
- PE and Manchester City sport sessions take place on a Thursday afternoon and Friday morning – please always remember to bring the correct PE kit and trainers
- Homework is given out every Friday and is due back in school on the following Wednesday
- Weekly spelling test to take place every Friday
- Friday Morning Checks include an arithmetic, spelling and SPAG test.
- Children must read their Accelerated Reader books each night for 30 minutes. They must then log their reading in their reading record.
- Children are able to complete Accelerated Reader quizzes everyday during morning pack time
- Each child has a TT Rockstars log in – remember to log in and play at home working on increasing your speed and times tables knowledge
Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss anything further.
- English SATs Revision https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f
- Maths SATs Revision https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/subjects/z826n39
- TT Rockstars https://ttrockstars.com/
- SPAG Games https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/spelling-and-grammar
- Mental Maths Games https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/mental-maths.
See all our latest activities in our Year 6 class Twitter feed below. Follow us @BartonCloughY6.