Mr J Dyer
Learning Support Assistant
Miss H Donoghue
Oak Class Teacher
Mrs P Moore
Hello and welcome to Oak Class
Welcome back, Oak Class!
This year, we have had an exciting classroom move.
What was the year 6 is now home to the Oak Class. A long with a range of new learning areas to suit all our learning needs.
Oak and Acorn classrooms
The Brach: a cooking/messy learning environment.
The Bough: A quiet learning space
The Sensory Are: for physical and sensory needs
The Library: for 1:1 reading sessions with a selection of books for independent reading sessions.
Within the new learning areas, Oak children have to opportunity to explore and develop in various ways. We will also be working closely with the Acorn teachers to further expand our learning opportunities.
Mrs Brighouse will be with us in the afternoons and Mrs Moore will be leading cooking sessions with the children on a 2 week rota.
P.E with Miss Donoghue and Miss Scott/My Dyer
Please remember to come into school wearing your P.E kits!
Sent out on Friday to be returned by the following Wednesday.
All children should be reading each night at home and have it recorded in their reading records.
As 7 of our pupils enter year 6, some of us are beginning our SAT’s preparation and all of us are getting excited for our end of year trip to Robinwood!
- https://ttrockstars.com/ (Rock out with TT Rock Stars Multiplication revision)
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button (a great way to practise multiplication recall)
- https://www.facebook.com/miskin.education/videos/information-for-parents-how-to-say-the-sounds/1279116425534130/ (how to say the different sounds learned in phonics)
- https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/ (free online books with the same book bands as we use in school)
- https://readingeggs.co.uk (a reading scheme with a subscription that is exciting for children)
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources (Phonics games to make learning to read fun)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/genres/learning/primary/all (A variety of learning programmes for children)
See all our latest activities in our Oak class Twitter feed below. Follow us @BartonCloughOak